Conceptual framework, often considered as the ‘road-map’ of any research work, is a theory that is developed in order to explain and predict relationships, events, behavior, etc. It also provides an outline of how to plan to conduct the research and provides an explanation that is used to define the data that originates from the research question. This theory is considered as an important aspect in the research planning process, as it
- Takes multi-disciplinary method – Conceptual framework looks at multiple disciplines to frame the research. It doesn’t merely summarize the present published research but also takes current theories, findings, and contexts for the research question into consideration.
- Identifies research gap – Conceptual framework identifies the gap in the current research and assess the goals for research and develops apt research questions and methodology.
- Identifies potential bias – Conceptual framework shows potential bias that notifies the established research or potential bias affecting the research.
While it is crucial to develop a conceptual framework, one cannot deny the fact that developing this framework is not as easy as pie. To help the research scholars develop an exceptional conceptual framework, we have enlisted a few tips which include,
- Conduct a rigorous literature review – Your thesis should include a novel study that makes a significant contribution to your area of study. To ensure that you are not choosing a topic which is already taken, you have to go through the previous research (conduct literature review) conducted in your area of interest before you actually start with your research. By conducting a literature review, you can refine the significant argument or research hypothesis and also place your work within the field of study in your conceptual framework. Remember, your framework must introduce relevant research and present how your work can add value to the existing knowledge in your field.
- Pen-down a descriptive narrative – It is not mandatory to include diagrams in your conceptual framework. You can present the information by writing a narrative. Ensure that the narrative explains the basic methodology of your research and summarizes the variables that have an impact on your research. Even though you include a diagram in the conceptual framework, a narrative should also be incorporated to explain the details in-depth. If you need some assistance to write down the narrative, take help from an organization consisting of adroit team of thesis writers in India.
- Include a flow-chart – Conceptual frameworks enables the reader to understand the flow of your research as it is visual in nature. For every single aspect in your research, present a variable that influences it. You can do this by including a diagram or a flow chart. If you are not aware of the rules that need to be followed while including the flow chart, consider taking aid from PhD writers in India rather than trying it on your own and ruining your work.
To conclude, the conceptual framework shouldn’t be considered as a fixed document. You may come across new variables and might find a need to make a few modifications in your narrative. If you need any kind of help in reworking your narrative, then avail help from professional thesis writers in India.